Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Piper Cub

Staring at this photograph by Damon Winter in The New York Times of daughter Piper in a press scrum while dragged along on her mother's Magical Dithery Tour--Times reporter Michael D. Shear: "The youngest Palin daughter looked none too happy to be delayed by the press corps, and repeatedly tugged at her mother?s arm during the questions. At one point, she said, ?Mom, let?s go.?)--I kept wondering what the set of Piper's eyebrows reminded me of.

Or rather, whom.

Then it hit me.

Piper in that shot looks like Grace, the elder daughter played by Ruby Jerins in Nurse Jackie.

The one afflicted with anxiety disorder who aspires to be a saint.

I'm not up on the latest trends on Catholic theology but my guess is that being a daughter of Sarah Palin's might automatically qualify a kid for sainthood.

My "sources" tell me is that a future stop on Palin's bus tour will at Randy's Rodeo in San Antonio, Texas, the site of the Sex Pistols' infamous gig in 1978. Todd Palin intends to stand on the very spot where Sid Vicious staggered. I had no idea Todd was so "into" punk history, and wish I could be there when he explains to Piper what Sid and Johnny Rotten meant to America, and from there they'll all be heading to the Alamo to find the basement where Pee Wee Herman's bike is reputed to be.

How all of this impacts the 2012 presidential race, I have no idea.

Source: http://www.vanityfair.com/online/wolcott/2011/05/post-19.html

Sarah Palin Sean Hannity Harry Reid Mitch McConnel Rush Limbaugh

No comments:

Post a Comment