Saturday, April 2, 2011

Thrown For a Loop

I am so out of the loop.

No one tells me anything, and there's probably a sensible reason for that.

I had to learn from the New York Post that Vanity Fair is emanating its first e-book, on the life and times of the late and great Elizabeth Taylor.

Like David Letterman, I am not up and all the new things, and am beginning to flake.

But as I understand it, an "e-book" is a book that you download on your "e."

I wonder where I can get an "e," if they sell them in stores or if you have to order them online. There's a Radio Shack across the street, though they militantly prefer to be called simply The Shack these days. Maybe I'll "pop in" and inquire about their selection, hoping to find an "e" whose color matches my eyes.

Until I obtain one, I'll have to make do with printed books, such as this highly charged literary debut that arrived by stagecoach just yesterday:



This book came out last year but I only received it this week, which reiterates how out of the loop I am.

Looks interesting, though, very lively, and closely aligned to my own current preoccupations.

Source: http://www.vanityfair.com/online/wolcott/2011/03/i-am-so-out-of.html

Tom DeLay Elizabeth Dole John Edwards Dianne Feinstein Bill Frist

No comments:

Post a Comment