Thursday, December 30, 2010

Embarrassing Moments from Everyday Life

So the other afternoon, Laura's phone rings and I answer it, she being busy at the sewing machine making me a tunic for my "spring retreat."

Assuming that it's a friend calling back to confirm their catching Cosi Fan Tutte together later that evening (that's an opera, for those of you living on an ice floe), I pick up the phone and answer in a flutey butler voice:

"Laura Jacobs residence. Whom may I say is calling?"

"It's Grace Mirabella."

Oops. I so wish we had Caller ID.

Now Grace Mirabella must think I'm a weirdo.

And, really, is she wrong?

Source: http://www.vanityfair.com/online/wolcott/2010/12/embarrassing-moments-from-everyday-life.html

Gloria Arroyo Joe Biden Abdullah bin Abdulaziz al-Saud King Abdulla Osama bin Laden

No comments:

Post a Comment