Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Don't Spare the Boomers

Robert Samuelson, Newsweek
WASHINGTON -- I received my Medicare card the other day, recognizing my 65th birthday and making me part of one of America's biggest problems. By this, I mean the burden that the massive baby-boom generation will impose on its children and the nation's future. There has been much brave talk recently, from Republicans and Democrats alike, about reducing budget deficits and controlling government spending. The trouble is that hardly anyone admits that accomplishing these goals must include making significant cuts in Social Security and Medicare benefits for baby boomers. If we...

Source: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2010/12/27/dont_spare_the_boomers_108355.html

Sean Hannity Harry Reid Mitch McConnel Rush Limbaugh George Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment