Friday, February 25, 2011

Lost Weekend

Yes, I know I've been neglecting You.

It canna be helped, as we say in the old country.

I'm not sure which old country I mean, though in my one visit to Scotland I did feel an affinity.

It's just that I had to finish something, and some things are hard to finish.

Some things are hard to start, easy to finish. Others are easy to start, hard to finish.

And still others are hard to start, hard to finish, and hard to middle, to coin a verb.

Yet I feel that when my children's book is completed--How the Ramones Saved Chanukah, illustrated by Maira Kalman--I will be able to curl up in the treehouse contented, knowing it was all worth it.

I will be blogging again shortly, once I rise rebaptised from a profound bubblebath.

Till then: The Film Noir Blogathon is approaching the finish line, and if you can give, give.

And before I draw my bawth, I want to extend Charles Lane of the Washington Post my fond wish that he chuck off.

Nothing personal, just chuck off.

Source: http://www.vanityfair.com/online/wolcott/2011/02/yes-i-know-ive-been.html

Rush Limbaugh George Bush George W. Bush Hillary Clinton Bill Clinton

No comments:

Post a Comment