Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bad Teacher, Worse Students

I haven't seen Bad Teacher--I haven't seen anything, me and the 21st century have so much catching up to do--but I find it peculiar-odd for film critics to use phrases such as "assholery" and "unrepentant shittiness" and "treading water in a sea of crap"to complain about a comedy's coarse vulgarity. Once your own prose becomes as crude as what you're deploring, you've punted away any tactical advantage.

It is my growing conviction that movie reviewers would become much better writers if they simply stopped going to all these damned movies. Get out of this racket while you still can!

Source: http://www.vanityfair.com/online/wolcott/2011/06/bad-teacher-worse-students.html

Charles Mountbatten-Windsor Prince Charles Camilla Mountbatten-Windsor Duchess of Cornwall Robert Mugabe

No comments:

Post a Comment