Friday, January 28, 2011

Westminster digested

Ozzy disagrees with Merv that the snow's to blame for the economy . . . Klosters was terrific this year

Mervyn King: The government's economic policy is on course . . .

Every other economist: . . . to bankrupt the country.

Osborne: Whoops! The economy is shrinking after all . . .

King: We can blame it on the snow.

Osborne: Don't be silly. The powder was bloody terrific this year. Best skiing I've ever had at Klosters.

Cameron: What he means, Ozzy, is that all the lower orders we've put out of work weren't able to get to the shops before Christmas to spend the money they don't have.

Osborne: Oh, I get you, Cams.

Cameron: Yah, I found it all bloody inconvenient myself. Took me hours longer to get to my secret meeting with James Murdoch and Rebekah Brooks . . .

Clegg: . . . and it was horrid, Daddy, because you came back later than expected and I had to have a cuddle from Nanny because I was so worried.

Cameron: Ah yes, that reminds me, Cleggster. I've been meaning to tell you. I've had to sack, er, I mean, Nanny Andy has had to resign.

Clegg: But I loved Nanny. He listened to me. Especially when I wasn't there. Who's going to look after me now?

Osborne: Stop blubbing, loser. No one cares about you.

Clegg: They do, they do! I saw an opinion poll that said at least 10% of the country vaguely know who I am . . .

Osborne: . . . those are the ones that hate you the most, you big girl's blouse.

Cameron: Come on, Ozzy, you can leave that kind of language to that complete hunt, Andy Gray.

Jeremy Hunt: That reminds me, dear boy. I'm due to meet Rupey soon. Can you give me a steer on how you would like my independent and impartial investigation into his takeover of BSkyB to go?

Cameron: I'd like it to impartially and independently approve the takeover. What do you think, politician-formerly-known-as-Vince?

Cable: My name is Vince Cable. I was once a serious politician.

Cameron: That's better. What do you think about our economic strategy?

Cable: There is no Plan B. My name is Vince Cable. I was once a serious politician.

Cameron: Very good! Your rehab is coming along well.

Ed Balls: Bollocks to the lot of you. You're shit and your policies are shit. Gordo was right all along.

Milidee: Don't mention the war!


guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2011 | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds


Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/jan/28/westminster-digested-economic-policy

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Omar al-Bashir Gloria Arroyo Joe Biden Abdullah bin Abdulaziz al-Saud

No comments:

Post a Comment